2018 Chicago Sports Medicine Symposium: World Series of Surgery
September 7 – September 9, 2018 at the Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago.
The 2018 Chicago Sports Medicine Symposium: World Series of Surgery course is designed to address knee, shoulder, elbow, hip, and sports medicine injuries and infirmities. The latest treatment options are presented by a faculty of internationally recognized orthopaedic surgeons. Live surgery broadcasts, case presentations, and panel discussions offer participants the opportunity to interact with faculty and discuss current solutions to challenging problems.
Orthopaedic surgeons, athletic trainers, physical therapists and other healthcare professionals whose scope of practice includes sports medicine.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
· Identify diagnostic evaluation, indications, non-operative, surgical management and rehabilitation of complex shoulder instability patients.
· Identify diagnostic evaluation, non-operative treatment, surgical indications, and rehabilitation for basic, complex and revision rotator cuff tear.
· Review non-operative, surgical and rehabilitation management options for degenerative shoulder disease including non-operative care, arthroscopic indications and shoulder replacement strategies in the young active patient.
· Evaluate and treat basic and complex knee ligament injuries including surgical management, injury prevention and rehabilitation.
· Identify, evaluate, and manage Femoral Acetabular Impingement and Labral Tears of the hip
· Recognize contemporary rehabilitation programs and return to play guidelines for common shoulder, knee and hip problems.
· Recognize contemporary rehabilitation techniques following cartilage procedures of the knee including timing to return to activities.
· Classify patients with meniscal deficiency, patellofemoral cartilage lesions or tibiofemoral articular cartilage defects.